Website Peace Corps
The position will be located in one of the countries under Peace Corps’ geographic region of operations: Africa (AF), Europe, Mediterranean and Asia (EMA), and Inter-America and the Pacific (IAP). The Director of Programming and Training (DPT) provides overall vision and direction for post-level programming and training, supervises a multi-cultural programming and training staff, strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and Volunteer support and management.
- Conducts extensive planning and data analyses activities in overseeing the design and evaluation of training processes, including workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Serves as a recognized program and training authority, advises top-level agency managers on complex international volunteer programs.
- Drafts the budget for programming and training activities and monitors these expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
- Leads and manages the program and training (P&T) staff to ensure quality program design and its implementation and evaluation across all programmatic sectors and their alignment with Peace Corps guidance.
- Serves as an expert on policy interpretation and implementation related to design and management of Post programs and other pertinent programmatic matters.
- Ensures effective strategic planning encompassing difficult and diverse functions or issues that affect critical components of overseas Post programs and resource utilization.
- Provides expert assistance and leadership in defining and continuously improving the country program’s approach to training design, delivery and evaluation ensuring compliance with agency standards.
- Provides direction and oversight to manage a variety of Post-wide programs/projects critical to the accomplishment of the Agency’s mission at Post.
- Develops plans for implementing short and long-range program goals at Post, and directs diverse organizational functions affecting critical aspects of major agency programs.
- Supervises a multi-cultural staff, which may include host country nationals, third country nationals and U.S. Citizens, including training manager(s), program managers, monitoring and evaluation specialists, trainers, specialists and assistants who support post’s programming and training.
- This is not a bargaining unit position.
- Federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- You must successfully complete background security investigation with favorable adjudication. Failure to meet this requirement will be grounds for employment termination.
- Must successfully complete background security investigation with favorable adjudication. Failure to meet this requirement will be grounds for employment termination.
- A 18-Month Trial period required.
- Position requires the filing of a Financial Disclosure report.
- This job has been identified as a testing designated position under our Drug-Free Workplace Program. You must satisfactorily complete a drug test prior to being hired. As an employee, you will be subject to random drug testing.
Company: Peace Corps
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A