Website University of California San Diego
Under the supervision of the Clinic Manager, the Patient Service Representative Lead primarily oversees and provides leadership and training for all front end duties such as reception, call center, referral and authorizations and other advanced administrative duties such as templates, office purchases, coaching, etc.
The Patient Service Representative Lead has oversight over junior counterparts. The Patient Service Representative Lead serves as a resource for the entire department. With the guidance of the Clinic Manager, the Patient Service Representative Lead initiates and participates in improvement efforts that directly impact the practice.
These position functions are the Surgery Scheduler for the Rancho Bernardo-Women’s Health Department. Coordinates patient affairs by applying knowledge of surgical and clinic authorization. Schedules surgical procedures for patients by coordinating the logistics of multiple departments in the area of specialty.
Responsible for the schedule times in the Operating Room or Procedure Room. Responsible for clinical schedules and surgical appointments. Responsible for communicating surgery time and location with patients and family members, as well as the Surgeon. Works closely with surgeons, NPs, Fellows and internal departments to ensure that all required information has been received. Performs a variety of other clinical administrative duties in support of patient services as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED
- some college education preferred.
- Lean training or process improvement training.
- Exposure to advanced patient access and knowledge of building templates.
- Experience interpreting patient billing inquiries and collecting past due balances.
- Experience as a liaison or advocate for patients experiencing a customer service issue.
- Experience coordinating a staffing schedule.
- Extensive knowledge of all types of insurances and eligibility
- ability to navigate insurance plan websites.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years previous related experience
- skills, and extensive knowledge of practices, including one (1) year lead or supervisory experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs to include Excel, PowerPoint, Graphs, Word, etc.
- Possess the skills and extensive knowledge of practices in Ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrated administrative lead
- and front office administration experience.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A