Website University of California San Diego
The UC San Diego Passport Office was formed in 2008, originally as a resource for students planning to study abroad. Since then, the predominantly student-powered operation has grown into a thriving, self-sustaining business that serves the needs of the entire San Diego community. This position serves as a designated Passport Acceptance Agent in accordance with US Department of State guidelines and is responsible for risk management in regards to the prevention of the issuance of fraudulent passports. Incumbent is responsible for careful review and intake of documents, forms, identity verification and proof of US Citizenship related to completing passport applications ensuring compliance with Department of State regulations. Incumbent operates camera equipment for photo services and also handles cash, performs credit transactions, deposits, reviews daily balances, and participates in Passport department projects as needed.
- Must pass the Passport Agent certification within probationary period.
- Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen – Federal Regulations require all new or replacement passport applications to be processed by an Acceptance Agent who is also an U.S. Citizen.
- Strong customer-service skills with experience in a busy, service oriented office atmosphere.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to audit ledgers for appropriateness of expenses and make sound recommendations for resolutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge or experience working as a U.S. Passport Agent.
- Cash handling and/or sales experience with ability to accurately record transactions.
- High School Diploma and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts or financial data management and reporting systems.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater San Diego Area
Application Deadline: N/A