The Staff Software Engineer, Data role will manage and improve the common tools that the Science organization utilizes to enable reuse of algorithms, models, and insights across the Science organization. Each team member is also responsible for testing the code that they write, while maintaining cutting-edge technical knowledge relevant to the team’s initiatives.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various technologies.
- Responsible for services and infrastructure development that enable and accelerate Science organization initiatives.
- Be familiar with the overall software stack and software components.
- Mentor more Junior team members on Engineering best practices.
- Coding in Java, Scala, or Python.
- Data warehouse technologies: MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Tez, Spark, Sqoop
- Streaming technologies – Kafka, Kafka Connect, KStreams, KSQL, Beam, Flink, Spark
- Developing service-oriented architectures/orchestration
- Developing for Linux-based deployment platforms, developing scalable, multithreaded server-side software for deployment
- Cloud computing – Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Unit and integration testing frameworks
- API design/development – RPC, REST, JSON
Qualification & Experience:
- BS/MS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience developing back-end server software, preferably in Java, Scala and/or Python
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A