Website Old Dominion
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Local Pickup & Delivery Driver or City Driver. Our P & D Driver will successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations between company terminals and customer facilities or work sites within the Service Centers geographic service area. Truck drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at various companies and customer locations.P & D Drivers are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver and pick up our customer’s freight. Allowing OD to help keep our promises.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
Be available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
- Must be at least 22 years old.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
Company: Old Dominion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Driver
Job Location: Lexington, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A