Website Old Dominion
Old Dominion is currently recruiting for a Lead Dock Worker to join our OD Family Culture. Our Lead will successfully assist the dock supervisor in any tasks related to the loading and unloading of freight. This position serves as the supervisor’s “second set of eyes.” A lead is responsible for making decisions and ensuring that the proper freight is loaded in the proper location at the proper time. Dock Workers are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver our customer’s freight and help keep our promises.
- Assists with coordinating freight, information, and people in a systematic way to optimize efficiency while minimizing duplication of effort.
- Assists the supervisor by taking all necessary steps in the closeout preparation of a trailer.
- Assists the supervisor for capturing and loading due freight.
- Serves as an assistant to the supervisor.
- Monitors the loading quality of all trailers.
- Coordinates with the supervisor to promote and run a productive shift.
- Helps the supervisor to ensure that all load out cut times are being met.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Previous forklift experience a plus.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
Company: Old Dominion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: White Pine, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A