Website Old Dominion
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently looking for a Dockworker to join our OD Family Culture. Our Dockworkers successfully load and unload freight throughout the shift using a forklift or manually in a safe, efficient manner. Will perform work associated with warehousing, material handling, and other related duties as assigned. Would have flexible scheduling availability to include third shift, evening, weekend, and some holidays. Dockworkers are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver our customer’s freight and help keep our promises.
- Load and unload freight on trailers using a motorized forklift, pallet jack or manually in compliance with state and federal DOT guidelines. Use various loading techniques, such as loading tight or cross loading.
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center in a forklift on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Utilize Dock Yard Management System to consistently monitor freight shipment locations throughout the service center.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
- Hand load, rewrap or stack freight as necessary.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules
- Able to complete company and governmental forms and comprehend written company policies and governmental regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
Company: Old Dominion
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Knoxville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A