Website Massachusetts General Hospital
- Communicate with unit floor staff (OA/RN) regarding diet order status/changes as appropriate. To ensure timely meal service, provide menus to new admissions and patients with new diet orders. As needed in circumstances of service recovery, trays may be picked up directly from tray line for expedited service to patients.
- Follow Patient Meal Worksheet to be sure there is a tray for each patient with the correct diet order. Order trays for new admissions or patients whose diet orders have advanced.
- Prepare and serve meal trays; prepare and serve coffee/tea; ensure 100% accuracy of meal tray with meal ticket. Assist patients with tray setup as needed (for example: opening milk, juice, and condiments). Collect dirty trays.
- Provide a high level of customer service. Give patients menu selection sheet and explain how patient is to select food. Assist patients unable to complete selection sheet independently. Enter menu choices into computer accurately before meal period cut off times.
- Clean galley after each meal served, log temperature for refrigerators and freezers.
- Practice good personal hygiene
- Help tray line expedite trays as work flow allows to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Inventory and order nourishments, supplements, and floor stock for nutrition and RN galley areas according to par levels for unit(s). Discard outdated nourishments or supplements. Pick up supplies from Department Service Center and practice First In First Out procedures.
- Maintain a strong and effective working relationship with co-workers. Assist other team members as directed and as needed.
- Maintain strong rapport with staff on the unit.
- Communicate to clinical dietitian any information related to the patient’s ability or willingness to eat.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Basic math skills. Food service needs/diet modification/religious food practices for sick patients. Job routine— procedures for completing different tasks.
- Must be capable of implementing exemplary customer service skills.
- On the job training consisting of 3 weeks – 1 month.
Qualification & Experience:
- Food service experience desirable.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A