Website Massachusetts General Hospital
We are seeking a dynamic experienced RN interested working on a complex medical unit. White 9, is a 25 bed acute care medical unit with telemetry beds. Nurses provide, complex, holistic and compassionate care to patients with a wide variety of acute medical illnesses and chronic diseases. Many patients admitted to this unit have multi-system complexities including alterations in gas exchange, airway clearance, cardiac function, renal function, nutrition, hepatic function and mental states and often transfer from the Medical ICU. Frequent physical assessment is essential to patient care with the use of EKG’s, cardiac monitors and oxygen saturation devices as aids to assessment.
- Documents relevant patient data / information.
- Provides and maintains a therapeutic environment for patients and families.
- Provides competent, compassionate patient- and family-centered nursing care based on scientific principles and the use of the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Coordinates involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family education, teaching and discharge planning.
- Helps define standards of excellence for patient care; participates in improvement of patient care services in a cost-effective way.
- Performs specific functions as described in the unit Scope of Service.
- Articulates the professional nursing role to the patient, family and health team members.
- Identifies, plans and implements nursing interventions. Facilitates, and evaluates outcomes of nursing care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Communicates the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members. Promotes continuity of care through effective hand-offs.
- Participates in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Collaborates with other professionals and directs support staff and nonprofessional nursing personnel in maintaining recognized standards.
- Interprets hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Teaches and directs all nonprofessional nursing personnel for whom she/he is responsible.
- Appropriately utilizes nursing resources.
- Utilizes resources efficiently to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Participates in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provides input to the Nursing Director regarding unit needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- BSN preferred. A minimum of one year RN experience required. 39 Day/night rotation including weekends and holidays required.
- Contributes to relevant committees, professional meetings, continuing educational and/or formal academic programs.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A