Website Massachusetts General Hospital
The Nurse Practitioner, working 16 hours/week, will be a member of the Bressler MGPO, an outpatient, psychiatric clinic specialized for patients with Autism Spectrum (ASD). This role will work closely with the Medical Director to provide compassionate care to those with ASD and other co-occurring psychiatric illness. Responsibilities will include evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and education.
- Responsible for clear, consistent, up-to-date documentation of all interactions with patients
- Performs initial psychiatric assessments
- Acts as primary responder and provider in emergency situations
- Finalizes patient encounter forms and notes within two business days
- Participates in and acts on recommendation from clinical record review
- Diagnoses and manages ongoing care
- Facilitates patient wellness through health promotions, education and follow up
- Completes all documentation as assigned and in an appropriate time frame
- Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures as needed
- Completes all requests from schools, camps, exams for certificates, and return to work forms
- Ability to communicate instructions clearly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills while conversing with patients, families, health professionals.
- Current, active, professional licensure to practice in an expanded nursing role in the Comm. of MA.
- Current federal and state controlled substance certification/registration.
- Acts only within the scope of his or her state license.
- Currently remote work, conducting all care via virtual visits. Future work will be conducted on campus at MGH-Boston.
- Ability to evaluate a clinical situation, draw accurate conclusions, and independently make appropriate and timely decisions within the scope of practice for a Registered Nurse.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years advanced practice experience preferred in mental health.
- A Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Nursing – Child and Adult Psychiatric Mental Health in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience in mental health including clinical knowledge of psychopharmacotherapy and commonly prescribed medications, their side effects and expected outcomes.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A