Website Massachusetts General Hospital
Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
- Maintains accurate and timely notes in the electronic medical record.
- Develops and implements disease-specific patient management plans, records progress notes, provides home-going instructions, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Self-directed and purposeful in seeking necessary knowledge and skills to develop and maintain competency within specialty of Neurology.
- Assists physician with comprehensive care.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician(s).
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment.
- Collaborates with the provider(s) to provide targeted healthcare services to patients within clinic population.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Assesses, instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with treatments.
- Interpersonal/communication: Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and public speaking skills; Good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively and complete tasks; Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Quality Assurance: Skills to work efficiently and effectively and strive to do so in all aspects of position.
- Ability to identify issues/projects and initiate plans to address asking for direction when appropriate.
- Professional knowledge: Clinical, healthcare knowledge to enable effective interactions and communications with patients, caregivers, clinicians, and healthcare administrators.
- Ability to develop a common vision for diverse communities, communicate effectively, and take ownership and responsibility for activities.
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: EPIC, electronic medical record experience.
- Strong sense of initiative and perseverance to carry through to completion of tasks; Demonstrates forthrightness and integrity.
- Highly motivated, independent, innovative, and capable of performing in a complex environment.
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A