Website National Security Agency
NSA is in search of Computer Science professionals to solve complex problems, test innovative approaches and research new solutions to storing, manipulating, and presenting information. We are looking for you to apply your computer science expertise to projects that seek to create new standards for the transformation of information. If you want to develop technologies and tools and be a part of cutting edge innovations; join our team of experts! Help protect national security interests as part of the world’s most advanced team of computer science professionals!
- The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense.
- The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes.
- The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. In support of a customer’s mission, Information Technology (IT) Customer Liaisons incorporate the customer’s process and technology needs into the enterprise mission planning and execution space.
- Description of the Position The responsibilities of an IT Customer Liaisons include: – Defining, interpreting, documenting, and prioritizing customer’s technical requirements
- Preparing operational, functional, and technical requirement documentation
- Identifying opportunities to improve customers’ capabilities by monitoring developments that indicate evolving customer technical needs and providing information about new and enhanced technical capabilities – Providing timely and accurate customer-centric information regarding capabilities activities that may affect customer operations – Creating partnerships that promote interoperability and consolidate IT resources –
- Relaying customer feedback to appropriate IT managers – Develop and maintain customer relationship and communication throughout the customer lifecycle and serve as the primary point of contact between the organization and the customer.
- The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is: – motivated – accountable – adaptable – detail-oriented – customer service & requirements oriented – able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment – able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables – proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel) Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: – Systems administration – Project management – Application administration – IT support or management – Requirement analysis – Systems Engineering
Qualification & Experience:
- The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
- Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree and no experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (e.g., Telecommunications, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Cyber Security, and Information Technology Security) is preferred. Relevant experience must be in a computer science (CS) or information technology (IT) area (e.g., systems administration; application administration; and information technology support or management) and may also include requirement analysis.
- External engagement/collaboration experience (e.g., participation in cross-Agency working groups, JDA, field assignments, and external customer support) is preferred.
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A