Website National Security Agency
Not only will personnel get the opportunity to work with the OIG and OGC, they might be able to showcase their skills in Engagement and Policy Directorate by developing and implementing mission compliance programs, using many investigative techniques, researching information as well as creating policy and/or compliance standards and guidance.
- NSA Overview NSA’s mission is to help protect national security by providing policy makers and military commanders with the intelligence information they need to do their jobs.
- In order to ensure that operations occur within the established laws, authorities, policies and directives, NSA has built a robust compliance office and program to meet this goal.
- Do you want to help protect national security by ensuring operations occur in a compliant manner? If so, a Compliance Officer job may be right for you! Compliance Officers develop and implement comprehensive mission compliance solutions to keep NSA’s activities consistent with the laws, policies, and procedures designed to protect privacy during mission operations.
- They support the development, implementation, and monitoring of a mission compliance program that includes internal control activities, risk assessments, standards and procedures, awareness and training, and verification and assessment to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Description of the Position The responsibilities of a Compliance Officer include:
- Ensuring compliance with laws, legal codes, practices, documents, precedents, court procedures, executive orders, government organization/functions
- Completing compliance auditing, monitoring, and verification activities (interviewing, planning, developing) – Using investigative techniques,
- laws, directives and applying investigative standards, policies and procedures necessary to make competent investigative determinations –
- Serving as a liaison between groups internal or external to the Agency – Identifying a need for and knowing where or how to gather information –
- Managing compliance incidents or processes, perform root cause analysis and develop mitigation strategies
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
customer service & requirements oriented
able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables – adaptable – resilient
Qualification & Experience:
- The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
- Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience, or a Doctoral degree and no experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field (e.g., Finance, Economics, Management, and Information Technology) is preferred, but a degree in any field is acceptable.
- Relevant experience must be performing compliance, legal, policy, auditing (preferably in the DOD or IC environment), or related work, and can also include working in an area directly related to NSA mission (e.g., collection, intelligence, information assurance, cyber).
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A