Website National Security Agency
Intelligence Analysis has the power to influence world affairs. The Intelligence Analysis mission encourages both independent and collaborative partnering (both within NSA and with other analysts in the Intelligence Community) while seeking creative solutions to analytical questions. Your skills in research, analysis, reporting, planning, and advising will ensure senior leaders are provided with time-sensitive cryptologic support for strategic and operational level planning across the full range of DoD and U.S. Government operations for integrated information and cyberspace operations. This wide array of skills helps protect U.S. government information systems and provides the most complete possible foreign signals intelligence picture to U.S. policy makers and military commanders. **NOTE: Intelligence Analysis positions require completion of an Unproctored Test which measures cognitive ability, motivation, and English proficiency. Following application submission, you will immediately be sent a link to your provided email with further instructions. You will have 14 days to complete this assessment as this opportunity / test link expires after 14 days. Please check your Spam folder just in case the email landed there instead of your Inbox. Please be sure to complete the assessment as soon as you can, as this information will be used as part of the selection decision, with processing hindered until test results are recorded. If you do not receive a test link within a few business days after applying to this position, please contact 1-844-IC-HIRES (1-844-424-4737) so we can review your submission.
- Agency Overview The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense.
- The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes.
- The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
- Cryptologic Operations Watch Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing time-sensitive cryptologic support for NSA’s SIGINT and/or Cybersecurity operational missions by maintaining situational awareness of world events, operations of US and allied forces, and operations of agencies of the Federal Government or status of the US Cryptologic system in order to maximize the posture of the cryptologic system
- Briefing NSA senior leaders and US Government customers on NSA actions with regard to ongoing and anticipated events to provide necessary information for them to make informed decisions – Guiding the organization or program in creating and sustaining a strong customer focus and high expectations for performance
- Writing routine documents (for example, e-mails, memoranda, minutes of meetings, status reports, production reports) – Motivating and encouraging others to accomplish work assignments and goals
- Providing timely and accurate responses to requests for assistance, information, products, or services
- The ideal candidate desires continual learning and possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
- Willing to perform shift-work in support of 24/7 operations – Decisive – Flexible – Resilient – Detail-oriented – Customer and results oriented
- Able to adjust to changing situational requirements – Able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Able to build relationships across the Agency and with external stakeholders, as appropriate – Able to identify, manage and resolve conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel) Knowledge, skills, and experience in one or more of the following is desired: –
- Analyze and interpret technical data; Determining classification and security requirements; Documenting technical information; Engineering coordination;
- Evaluate operational and technical alternatives; Evaluate technical solutions; Generate technical ideas; Identify engineering and design problems; Identifying system and systemic level problems; Perform technical research; Plan and develop conceptual and technical solutions; Present technical information; Requirements definition and analysis; Risk assessment; System Engineering; Technical information exchange within and across organizations; Technical writing – Triaging incidents on networks, command and control of watch floor activities – Cyber / Cybersecurity – Signals Intelligence – Write routine documents (for example, e-mails, memoranda, minutes of meetings, status reports, production reports)
Qualification & Experience:
- The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
- Entry is with a high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience, or a Doctoral degree and no experience.
- Degree in a liberal arts field (e.g., English, History, Communications, Languages and Cultures, International Relations, and Political Science) is preferred, but a degree in any field is acceptable.
- Relevant experience must be operational or analytical in an area directly related to a mission (e.g., collection, cyber and intelligence analysis) and/or a similar mission in the IC or DoD.
- Experience in an intelligence watch and/or operations center and briefing senior leadership and/or USG officials is preferred.
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A