Website National Security Agency
The mission demands that NSA “see” the world through a different lens than any other organization. Our Computer Scientists face technical challenges well beyond the wildest imaginations of most people. NSA’s mission requires persistent engagement to anticipate and understand complex threats in real-time, on a global scale. From Counter-Terrorism to Combat Support to Cybersecurity, NSA’s Computer Science community creates novel, cutting-edge solutions that advance science and underpin every aspect of our foreign intelligence and cybersecurity missions. Solving these extraordinary problems allows NSA to share solutions with the world by contributing to open source, licensing patents, and publishing technical papers.
- A world-class Computer Science cadre at NSA is vital to the security of the nation. The standards of reliability, repeatability, scale, speed, and compliance that NSA hardware and software products must meet are daunting. Industry and academia change the question to one that can be answered; NSA must answer the question as is.
- The mission problems, questions, and threats fuel our constant drive for more robust solutions and the use of revolutionary technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, high performance computing, big data analysis, anticipatory algorithms predictive analytics, complex data modeling, advanced computing and network architectures, distributed systems and sensor networks, advanced systems and IT networks, and those we create along the way.
- Computer Science jobs at NSA run the entire spectrum of the field. Opportunities are available in systems software, mission applications software development, business applications and systems, advanced data management systems and analysis, development of advanced analytic environments, computing research, cybersecurity and encryption.
- Applicants may also be considered for one of NSA’s Development Programs. Designed for entry to mid-level employees, development program participants are afforded the opportunity to receive tailored training, often with a cohort, and multiple assignments across Agency Directorates to develop skills and experience to ground their career at the NSA. As an NSA Computer Scientist your responsibilities may include:
- Degree must be in Computer Science (CS). Related fields (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics) may be considered relevant if the programs contain, at minimum, a concentration of courses in the following foundational CS areas: algorithms; computer architecture (not network architecture); programming methodologies and languages; data structures; logic and computation; and advanced mathematics (for example, calculus, discrete mathematics).
- Information Technology (IT) or Information Systems (IS) degrees may be considered relevant if the programs contain the amount and type of coursework equivalent to a CS major.
- Relevant experience must be in the software development process (i.e., requirements analysis, software design, implementation, testing, integration, deployment/installation, and maintenance) and programming.
Qualification & Experience:
- The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position. Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience.
- An Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A