At Nordstrom, we strive for engineering excellence in workforce strategies, planning processes, and analytics capabilities that help our business and HR leaders optimize their workforce. This role will partner with all organizations across Nordstrom in developing strategies and workforce plans that enable business outcomes by having the people they need, in the right places, with the right skills, at the right time. This individual’s ability to lead, influence, and collaborate within the HR function and across internal functional groups is critical to success in the role.
- Listen effectively and asks questions to identify needs and share information
- Develop skills in discrete simulation and capacity analyses
- Develop ideas and concepts to translate to continuous improvement ideas, cost/benefit analysis and change initiatives for smaller scope projects.
- Analyze and evaluates methods for optimal operations
- Communicate variances and scope changes
- Demonstrate ownership and initiative over assigned tasks, and manages multiple tasks at the same time
- Provide accurate analysis and consideration of alternatives and outcomes. Provide design input for granular level components
- Establish Standard Work
Conduct time and motion studies and approves labor standards
- Leverage communication standards to distribute information to appropriate audience
- Develop relationships and engage key business partners and collaborate to address issues
- Work with business partners to deliver space planning ideas. Outline alternatives for process, equipment and system design
- Create and deliver AutoCad Layout for moderate scale space planning and process design
- Identifie issues/changes and solutions to leadership
- Use data to report status, performance, and define issues
- Develop level of understanding to work with technical documentation including architectural, mechanical, electrical and software to assess designs and issues as required, with guidance from manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and System Engineering
- Experience interacting and communicating clearly/concisely with senior leadership
- Minimum 3 years of Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Proficient practice of Industrial Engineering discipline and tasks on established and new process, system and equipment.
- Advanced understanding and application of end-to-end Industrial Engineering discipline, processes and tools.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A