As a Maintenance Tech 1 you will be responsible for executing a preventative maintenance program as well as supporting the troubleshooting and diagnostics repairs of the building’s material handling equipment. You will also support the Operations team by helping with designing maintenance solutions for difficult problems and maintenance projects. The Maintenance Tech 1 will play an integral role in accomplishing building and department goals.
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Working Knowledge of a work order system
- Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Maintain a positive working relationship across all departments within the Nordstrom facility
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Support the troubleshooting of basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components– photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
- Support the troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing all aspects of material handling systems & conveyors (such as motor/ reducer issues, belt tracker, belt lacing
- Safely operate equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, hand tools
- Basic knowledge of controls systems & PLC’s. (preferred)
- Knowledge of operation and repair of material handling equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic, or hydraulic tools.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience with conveyors, electrical systems, & building maintenance (preferred)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Dubuque, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A