Website New Balance
Retail Sale Associates ensure our retail stores operate smoothly and provide exemplary customer service. Educated with expert product knowledge, they utilize proper selling techniques to assist customers throughout every step of the transaction process, always positively representing the New Balance brand.
- Educate the customer on product features and benefits
- Greet and make customer contact
- Solve any customer problems/answer any questions
- Understand the customer’s needs
Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses
- Make sure items are labeled and price marked properly
- Provide customer service using proper selling techniques, product knowledge, and the GUEST service model:
- Protect our products by greeting customers, attaching/detaching security tags, monitoring floor merchandise, reporting shrinkage and security violations, etc.
- Keep the floor always looking its best – neat, organized, and well stocked
- Inform customers about any promotions we have running
- Transact the sale through suggestive selling, multiple selling, and effective closing
- Correctly measure and fit customers with appropriate NB product
- Familiarity with cash register functions
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Ability to: lift 4 lbs. frequently; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; move boxes of product up to 50
- lbs (with assistance if necessary); stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
- Ability to quickly perform basic math
- Should be a people person!
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Past retail experience preferred, but not necessary
Company: New Balance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A