The Program Manager, ER Accommodation designs and administers proactive programs, procedures, and plans related to employee relations accommodations. This role will report to the UCAN Employee Relations Leader and will provide guidance and training to Employee Relations partners, HR Business Partners, managers, and employees on employee relations issues related to medical conditions, such as leave policies and reasonable accommodations. The Program Manager, Workplace Accommodations is responsible for implementing the operational strategy, administration, and management for all job accommodations, aligned with our culture at Netflix for UCAN. This role can be based in Los Gatos, CA, or Los Angeles, CA.
- Responsible for system upgrades and management of changes to tools utilized for administration of the accommodation programs
- Cultivate a strong client-oriented service rapport with HRBP teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Develop and facilitate training programs and stay up to date on ADA research
- Promote knowledge and understanding for leaders and employees in regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, Family, and Medical Leave Act, and other compliance issues; as they relate to the medical accommodation process.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain and improve processes and collaborate effectively with all parties involved ensuring a strong culture of customer service
- Develop templates/ tools and coach ER Accommodation Business Partners on how to facilitate and administratively document the interactive process with employees seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with leadership and other key resources to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Responsible for managing the Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) process with regard to employee leaves and when requests come up outside of leaves
- Ensure compliance and coordination of the UCAN accommodations program
- Act as the subject matter expert for accommodation programs; use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze and resolve complicated or sensitive claims. Be the escalation point for more complex issues arising from the ER Accommodation Business Partner cases
- Partnering closely with the LOA leads to build seamless processes for the employee experience.
- Ability to identify accommodation needs and propose reasonable accommodations balancing the needs of the individual, the business requirements, and compliance-related requirements
- Superior customer service skills are strongly preferred
- General understanding of employee benefits as they relate to leaves of absence, including short/long term disability, COBRA, multi-state disability programs, ADA, FMLA, workers’ compensation, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with related employment laws; experience in Employee Relations a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of five years of hands-on experience in leave and/ or accommodations management preferred
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders and ability to provide empathetic support to employees
- Experience in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Holyoke, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A