We are looking for a senior software engineer with expertise in developing and deploying IP-based real-time audio & video streaming protocols in support of interactive entertainment services. This individual will lead the design, development and deployment of a new server-side real-time media transport stack, and work closely with our GPU encoding pipeline teams and client platform teams to ensure our successful expansion into a new style of highly interactive entertainment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact an emerging area of business. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self directed, collaborative and insightful.
- Are a self-starter, curious and not afraid to ask when in doubt
- Have the ability to define and self-manage cross-functional projects fueled by ambiguous questions.
- Advocate software craftsmanship, take pride in your work and enjoy taking full ownership of projects from conception to production
- Are a quick learner and excited about learning new technologies
- Familiarity with how low-latency, two-way media flows over IP networks interact with buffer bloat, active/smart queue management, and coexisting TCP-like traffic.
- Deep understanding of modern and emerging strategies for balancing congestion, goodput, latency and reliability for interactive, ultra low-latency media streaming.
- Practical understanding of Secure RTP/RTCP, DTLS, SCTP, STUN/TURN and ICE protocols.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and deploying interactive, ultra low-latency streaming applications in a WebRTC or similar context.
- Experience partnering with remote engineering or product teams across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated experience using GPU encoding pipelines as content sources for RTP streams, particularly in virtual machine and/or containerized environments.
- Experience with Linux kernel development or similar environments
- Experience with network traffic capture & analysis tools (such as Wireshark)
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thomasville, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A