Sitting within the Produce Edge Services organization, the Playback Data Systems (PDS) team builds and operates infrastructure and services to collect, process, and aggregate data pertaining to every playback session.
- Store your bookmarks in near real-time, which allows for core product features such as “Resume Watching” where a user can switch viewing streams between different authorized devices, such as your TV or mobile phone.
- Collect and process users’ Viewing History, which is utilized to drive things like “Continue Watching” as well as personalization of home screen content.
- Deliver high-quality aggregated data feeds that drive business-critical decisions around content performance and member viewing.
- Provide APIs for real-time, low latency access of Viewing Data to downstream partner teams such as our Algorithms teams who use this information to deliver a personalized Netflix experience.
- Data modeling (e.g., JSON/proto buf)
- Has led large-scale architectural changes with several stakeholders, and can talk to them.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally for technical collaboration.
- Familiarity with Cloud-based architectures (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with large-scale distributed caches.
- Experience with near real-time stream processing.
- Experience working with distributed data, managing/working with PB+ size datasets
- Experience designing and implementing internet-scale services.
- Experience working with Cassandra or similar NoSQL data storage technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing high-scale fault-tolerant distributed systems and microservices.
- Experience working with Kafka or similar pub-sub technologies.
- Experience running services in production.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A