As a Network Architect, you will design network solutions for our global streaming service, our Corporate offices, our creative production workflows, and our data center networks globally. We are seeking an experienced Network Architect to join our efforts in designing, iterating and scaling the diverse technology stacks in the Netflix ecosystem.
- Develop technical documentation, diagrams and templates and be rigorous in maintaining accuracy and relevancy of developed materials
- Creating the full lifecycle network architectures and deliver them to other teams that will plan, deploy and operate these designs
- Provide top level technical support and leadership for operational matters
- Developing a lab based test bed for functional and operational testing of new products, new feature sets, defects and error conditions
- Working closely with other architects to build, refine, and evolve the architecture of Netflix’s Backbone, CDN infrastructure, data centers, and campus networks
- vendor management including RFI creation, evaluation and commercial negotiations
- wireless networking design and deployment
- creative and media technologies such as Dante/AES-67, SMPTE-2110, and distribution alternatives to multicast over Metro Area Networks.
- Masters or bachelors degree in a relevant science or engineering field
- design and implementation of technologies in Campus architecture. including Layer 2 stretch technologies, voice and video collaboration, and zero-trust standards for scalable security models
- Experience in
- deploying datacenters, supporting complex, low-latency compute and storage technologies, optical design for high-bandwidth deployments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Expert level knowledge of IP routing, particularly BGP, ISIS, OSPF and an understanding of the Internet ecosystem
- Experience managing, developing or working in a lab environment for both product or feature development and for regression or defect testing against a production environment. This experience would also include using automation and off the shelf test equipment and software in a test environment
- 10+ years of experience in networking fields with demonstrable technical leadership experience in new architecture development, product ownership, and iterative design
- Experience in Python, specifically writing and maintaining code for network automation.
- Strong knowledge of VXLAN technologies and MPLS L2 and L3 VPNs.
- Solid understanding of content delivery, data center, and enterprise networking concepts and technologies
- Expert level knowledge for large scale multi-vendor (Arista, Cisco, Juniper) networks with global footprints
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A