Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
- Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed.
- Work with Head of External Game Development and Executive Producers to ensure all projects are delivering on time, within budget, against the design scope and aligned to broader portfolio and quality goals.
- Take a long-term view and ownership towards developing games with an eye toward sequels, localizations, product line extensions.
- This role will manage external games development partners across multiple titles at once.
- Work cross functionally to Create a healthy team culture, communicative, transparent, motivated, committed and focused on realistic goals.
- Maintain relationships with external leadership level development & publishing teams to ensure all production and publishing goals and concerns are met, cultivating relationships to effectively collaborate and problem solve.
- Inspire and empower the development teams that you will be working with, guide them through continuous improvement, and share learnings with the studio.
- Review and evaluate game builds and milestones across design, creative, development, and production progress.
- Serve as internal product champion/evangelist by crafting and presenting product pitch in appropriate ways to specific and different audiences, providing visibility into milestones and challenges. Ensure that all teams have optimal product information to deliver games to market.
- Take the lead as an external developer’s primary point of contact, working with developers in creation of project and milestone schedules, submission planning, and overall development plans; provide ongoing management check and balance throughout the full product life cycle.
- Ability to collaborate with and manage external development teams
- An excellent knowledge of production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams and solutions tailored to their requirements.
- Having led complex cross functional projects with successful delivery of quality, schedule and in balancing scope, capacity, budget, risk, and time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years experience as a Producer in the games industry
- Licensed game experience a plus
- 7+ years of experience in game development/product management (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
- Experience managing a team of 10+ developers (programmers, artists, animators, designers, testers)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A