The Production Management Data Science & Engineering team supports the operational and logistical side of the Studio, developing tools for Netflix teams managing content production around the world. We apply data science, analytics, and engineering to support Netflix’s continued growth in production and empower decision-makers throughout the Studio. Our team consists of Analytics Engineers, Front End Engineers, and Data Engineers who work directly with business partners to develop analytic tools, define core metrics, identify new data sources, deliver statistical insights, create intuitive visualizations, and more. This blog post describes some of the exciting problems we work on, and here’s an interview with one of our team’s very own Senior Analytics Engineers!
- Help elevate the impact of data in decision-making through intuitive, elegant solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Drive the execution of your work, developing solutions that span from scrappy code and prototypes to high-visibility dashboards, applications, and visualizations that bring our data to life
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams at Netflix to build paved paths and define best practices across the Studio Product ecosystem
- Partner closely with the Engineers (Analytics, Data, and Front End) on our team to scope, prototype, and scale custom tools to deliver analytic insights to the business
- Experienced in designing and building user interfaces with a strong sense of a holistic user experience, not just the individual pieces
- Excited to prototype and iterate to deliver results quickly versus wait for perfection
- User Interface Design: You are thoughtful about using layout, color, and other design elements to develop user-friendly web applications
- Queries: You are familiar with writing SQL to access and transform data.
- Able to partner with and independently prioritize across a wide range of business contexts, teams, and partners
- Regularly employing these technical skills:
- Comfortable making a variety of static and interactive visualizations for different audiences
- A senior front end developer who can design and deploy rich, performant analytical applications
- Programming Languages: Familiarity with scripting languages for server side data manipulation such as Python (pandas/numpy), R, or bash is welcome but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A