Website National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The NASA Engineering & Safety Center (NESC) provides a central location to coordinate and conduct independent engineering and safety assessments for NASA’s high-risk programs. It performs independent in-depth technical assessments; conducts independent engineering and safety and mission assurance trend analysis; conducts independent systems engineering analysis; facilitates or leads selected mishap investigations; and supports major programs or institutions in the resolution of technical issues.
- Serves as a non-voting member of his/her respective programs’ technical review boards with authority to request action from the program/board.
- Is assigned to the NESC at Langley Research Center but resides at the program site at Johnson Space Center.
- Depending on the size and breadth of a program, utilizes engineering support from other program sites.
- Provides the NESC with technical insight into NASA’s programs.
- Evaluates programs’ technical decisions and rationale in order to notify the NESC when an independent assessment is warranted or requested by the respective programs or institutional engineering.
- Serves as a voting member of the NESC Review Board.
- Fosters regular, open communication with programs’ Safety and Mission Assurance and Engineering communities.- Stays abreast of all issues and supports parent programs and/or institutions.
- Successful completion of random drug screening may be required.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- The individual selected will be required to file an ‘Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Company: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A