- As a Financial Management Accountant, you will support the Accounting and Reporting team in providing the company with accurate financial information and ensuring the servicing of internal and external customers. Specifically, you will help produce the Financial and Management Accounts of the company and group, as well as other ad hoc and periodic reports that are required. You will need to understand the processes operating within finance, and to engage with other Central Support stakeholders, to enable timely and efficient reporting.
- You are someone that is self-motivated, organised and can manage their own work. You are a strong communicator, with the ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders confidently. You are willing to learn and are adaptable in a continuously changing environment. Above all, you demonstrate and encourage the behaviours that foster the Nando’s values of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity & Family
- To Support the Group Team in ensuring that the company annual statutory accounts are produced accurately and filed on time
- To provide the management of the business with accurate and relevant financial information as and when requested, and/or through self-investigation and analysis
- To help ensure company management accounts are produced accurately and on time each period
- Produce journals for inclusion in the management accounts every 4-weekly period
- Support the planning and budgeting process to include drafting Balance Sheet and Cashflow budgets.
- Develop a good understanding of the finance team processes, to understand each person’s role in the accounting of financial information
- To be the key Finance team member in control of Fixed Cost accounting (Rent, Service Charge, etc.), including budgeting.
- Develop close working relations with key peers in the business to ensure information is shared in a timely manner for financial reporting requirements
- To develop a strong working relationship with the Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller, to enable timely sharing of information
- Be a key point of contact for several balance sheet accounts through performing reconciliations each period.
- To assist the Group Financial Reporting Manager with Nando’s Finance Limited consolidation and individual entities Statutory Reporting.
- Supporting Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller in preparation of the audit.
- Assist Head of Group Tax in preparation of Tax Pack
- To maintain an understanding of financial reporting requirements under IFRS.
- Strong computer skills needed with the ability to learn and develop strong knowledge of Coda and Cognos systems.
- Understand the principles of finance and accounting, and the role it plays within an organisation
- A professional Accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA) – minimum 1 year’s post qualification experience.
- A knowledge of producing reports, reconciliations, P&Ls and various other financial documents
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior knowledge and experience of IFRS standards would be an advantage.
- Multi-site Experience in retail or hospitality is essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A