Website Ministry of Justice
Who are we looking for? We are looking for a Service User Engagement Lead who can help us get the views of the service user embedded into the work of the Inspectorate. Ideally we are looking for someone with personal experience of probation and/or youth justice as a service user as we think they can provide the best advice.
This post will require travel and time away from home. Applicants must be sure they can meet this requirement.
- Contribute to our effective practice products.
- Help develop ways of getting service users involved in inspections and research projects, so that the voice of the service user is a key part of the evidence we collect.
- Work with others to develop the best ways to involve those with lived experience in the activities of the Inspectorate.
- Attend external events to help inform this area of work and to promote the work of the Inspectorate and what we do on service user engagement.
- Work with service users to identify, understand and tackle barriers to them getting involved in inspection programmes.
- Advise on how the Inspectorate can use lived experience to help inform the way it runs.
- Help develop and deliver the Inspectorate’s Service User Engagement action plan.
- Identify good practice, develop it and promote it.
- Help identify and engage a network of contacts who can provide advice on what works best to engage those with lived experience.
- Attend inspections and other fieldwork to help coordinate the input of service users and those with lived experience to our inspection activity.
- Liaising with local service user council representatives and peer mentors to seek their views on our methodology and their assistance with gathering feedback from service users
- Helping to write up the findings from our service user engagement during inspections and contributing those themes to discussions with inspection team leaders on our inspection findings and ratings.
- Working with our inspectors and researchers to develop questionnaires or other techniques that can be used to gather the views of service users about the quality of probation and youth services
- Helping to pilot these tools in local areas to test which questions and methods of data collection (e.g. face to face or phone interviews) work best
- Joining our inspection teams on inspection fieldwork visits to local probation and youth services to help lead on the collection of service user views during these inspections
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A