Website Ministry of Justice
As an HR professional in either a regional role or an HQ delivery role to a sector of the business, the post holder will support business leaders, managers and specialists with more complex HR cases and provide a professional link to the central Case Management service, working together to achieve effective outcomes.
- Role holder will have autonomy to make decisions within their discrete area of work to deploy appropriate resources using initiative and in communication with their established network of contacts across the wider HR community.
- Decisions might involve considerable discretion but will be constrained by policy and best practice.
- ET, Grievance, Disciplinary Support
- Analysing HR data and applying understanding to decide on an appropriate intervention or course of action.
- Exercise judgement and make decisions based on their own interpretation. Details may be unclear and require further investigation.
- Supporting an area of the business with wide ranging impact, appraising, assessing and adapting to a wide range of issues on a day-to-day basis and developing options to maintain or improve performance.
- Considering sensitive or multiple opposing opinions to establish facts; establishing the best approach; determining appropriate methodologies; analysis to ensure quality and application of results.
- Required to maintain team relationships by supporting others, contribute to team decisions and use initiative to solve problems.
- Contribute directly to the achievement of operational organisational objectives by developing internal credibility and providing guidance and consultancy to managers on HR related issues, which include:
- Interpreting HR advice which may require follow up questions or discussion to understand the wider impact of the issue.
- The ability to confidently build and manage a diverse range of relationships, including with senior stakeholders. Supporting others to optimise performance of their People Management Skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to analyse and understand data and apply analytics to business delivery.
- Previous experience of an HR delivery role.
- Experience of HR consultancy work or other service delivery based on a Customer Relationship Model.
- Previous Experience of working in a HR team within the Civil Service and an awareness of the wider CSHR operating model.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A