The Manager, Product & Technology is responsible for executing the design, product and technical build, support and maintenance of solutions within the Promotions domain. Your success will be measured on your ability to lead a robust full stack development team who can rapidly deliver innovative and industry leading software solutions. You will demonstrate your knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how event-driven distributed systems operate. Most often leading teams of 5 – 10 FTE, and may lead teams of onshore and offshore vendors. Manager is also responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining a high performing agile team including Product Owner(s), Scrum Master(s), Software Engineer(s), SDET(s) and, other members of technical staff to support products and platforms. This role is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct teams with partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors. You will demonstrate knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how event-driven distributed systems operate.
- Manages delivery accountabilities of vendor or vendor resources as appropriate.
- Conducts regular 1:1’s with direct reports.
- Fosters strong working relationships with high dependency delivery teams outside of reporting vertical (Engineering, other P&T Business & Technical Execution)
- Provides review and guidance to agile team on product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis / funding, including identification and remediation of possible gaps.
- Participates in organizational design thinking / strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity.
- Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal based communications from executive and direct leadership.
- Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
- Supports 5 – 10 (max) persons in direct reporting relationship.
- Fields and responds or forwards customer or Leadership escalations, as appropriate.
- Regularly observes and creates opportunities to observe direct reports and note positive, as well as constructive feedback. Shares and reviews feedback with their direct reports in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years or less of experience managing or leading a team of 5 + developers.
- Experience working in at least one CI/CD environment with understanding of pipelines, quality gates, code branching strategy.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience in building highly scalable & distributed systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to customers.
- Knowledge of version control systems like Bitbucket, GitLab, Sonar, Splunk, Relic, Rabbit MQ and other technologies/tools.
- BS Degree Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in utilizing programming languages like Java, Python or Open-Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases, container orchestration services and AWS.
- 4 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 4- 7 years of experience working in a software development environment.
- Should have experience or contributed to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Event-based architecture.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A