Website Merlin Entertainments
We are LEGOLAND California Resort – the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores – the opportunities here are endless!
- Displays and key creatures
- Performing and evaluating guest presentations and workshops
- School and group visits
- Tailors education content to several target audiences (school children, students, adults), with a range of formal and informal activities developed and delivered by individual sites in line with their regional requirements and SEA LIFE’s Education Policy.
- Must have a passion for biodiversity and marine sustainability.
- Work experience and student internships
- Interpretive signage and educational interactive development
- Delivers Education programs consisting of the following key elements:
- Internal and external communication tools including digital and social media
- Have excellent communication skills, high levels of energy and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Tours, experiences, and events
- Performing outreach programs in the local community
- Four-year degree in Science or Education is preferred.
- Informal education training is preferred.
- High School diploma required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience in the education field preferred.
- Must be comfortable talking to groups of people and able to become media trained.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an education position.
- Animal handling experience preferred.
- Prefer prior experience in a zoo, aquarium, or informal learning settings.
- Requires self-efficiency and organization.
- Must have flexible availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires excellent skills in guest service.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A