Website Merlin Entertainments
We are LEGOLAND California Resort – the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores – the opportunities here are endless!
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for new/relocated rides, animated attractions, building equipment and systems.
- Ensures internal compliance with maintenance, safety and security procedures by following established ASTM, San Diego County and loss prevention guidelines.
- Emphasis on Electronic controls and circuits.
- Ensures that all ride equipment and work areas are kept clean, neat and orderly at all times.
- Reads blueprints and follows schematic circuit drawings.
- Diagnoses and replaces damaged or broken wire, cables, malfunctioning and faulty electrical apparatus such as: transformers, motors, panels, relays, switches, outlets, position sensing devices, etc.
- Writes requisitions for parts and materials for rides, buildings and all other attractions, then forwards them to manager for approval.
- Technician must have experience with VFD drives and PLC controls.
- Follows established maintenance program, including emergency repairs as required to keep down time to an acceptable minimum in all areas of attractions and facilities.
- At least two years of field experience in electrical controls.
- Knowledge of circuits, voltages and amperes used for assigned work is required.
- Knowledge of NEC and San Diego County codes is required.
- At least four years of experience as a journeyman electrician, preferably in a hotel resort or theme park.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Completion of a post-secondary electrical technology program or completion of an electrical apprenticeship program (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A