Website Merlin Entertainments
Works under the direction of the Lead Gardener and Irrigation Specialist and is responsible for maintaining landscape and hardscaped areas.All functions are performed in accordance with Landscape department and LEGOLAND policies, practice and procedures.Tasks performed include mowing, edging, pruning, hedging, weed/pest control and minor irrigation repair and monitoring. Operates hand tools and power equipment in a safe, reliable manner.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Reports broken or missing tools to immediate supervisor.
- Uses assigned tools and power equipment in a safe and prescribed manner, avoiding misuse, breakage or loss.
- Applies granular chemicals and fertilizers after proper training and under the supervision of the Lead Gardener.
- Keeps safety as #1 priority.
- Keeps tools, machines, and all other company equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Completes daily time and material (T&M) cards prior to leaving property.
- Performs prescribed maintenance procedures as directed such as: mowing, edging, pruning, hedging, raking, sweeping, manual weeding and pest control.
- Maintains liaison with fellow maintenance employees and other departments
- Loads and Unloads work vehicles.
- Requires a minimum of one year of experience or equivalent education in the landscape field.
- Requires some knowledge of common landscape, trees, plants and groundcover; proper horticultural practices and procedures; common irrigation materials and methods.
- Also required to interact with the public and fellow MCs.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school graduate or General Education Degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- Requires some knowledge of job requirements and the essential tools and equipment required to perform the above responsibilities.
- Requires the ability to observe and remember details.
- Ability to understand and follow directions in the English language.
- Requires the ability to maintain a friendly, polite, service oriented demeanor.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A