Ensures a safe and secure environment for customers, team members, and vendors. Responsible for investigating of internal and external theft, to include ORC (Organized Retail Crime) activity. Seeks best practices and continuous improvement in all aspects of Asset Protection and safety by focusing on proactive and preventive activities that enhance profitability.
- Reports safety hazards to Store Leadership so they can be addressed.
- Tests and inspects camera equipment for effective operation.
- Reviews theft activity reports and follows up as necessary .
- Reviews alarm system printer for suspicious activity.
- Conducts internal theft surveillance .
- Conducts shoplifting surveillance.
- Participates in apprehension of those in violation of the law and assists in prosecution of external theft cases.
- Conducts walking inspections of backroom and sales floor.
- Visually inspects building exterior/parking lot to ensure potential hazards are mitigated.
- Reviews cashier exception reports .
- Minimum of 6 months experience in security or at least 1 year of work experience.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A