Improve, maintain and repair all equipment used in manufacturing and distribution functions. Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues. Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures while ensuring the work performed is in accordance with relevant codes. Support and execute plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals. Partner with Maintenance Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plan or modify maintenance activities. Practices 200% Safety accountability (self and others).
- Partner with Maintenance Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plan or modify maintenance activities.
- Provide direction and training to maintenance technicians for basic maintenance on complex equipment.
- Follow all regulatory guidelines on maintenance of various systems while completing accurate record keeping for compliance purposes.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring and equipment.
- Support and execute plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals.
- Oversee contractors as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the work of other maintenance mechanics (Levels 1-3) as required.
- Maintain excellent troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical skills.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of utilities systems in a multi-craft environment, including PLC, instrumentation, mechanical and equipment repair.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and timely work order completion for complex.
- Proficient with hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge with mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Certification in electrical, instrumentation or mechanical maintenance
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Skilled in Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance and electrical systems experience.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Previous maintenance and electrical experience in a food manufacturing setting preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A