We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! As we grow, we’re seeking an entry-level team member to join us as a General Merchandise Clerk who is able to complete a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service, pricing, inventory, and merchandising. You will also collaborate with other team members and managers on additional tasks as needed. Are you a people person? Do you want to have a positive impact on your community? If so, we hope you will join us!
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- You will build rapport with customers.
- Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising standards.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Health and Beauty Care, Hardlines, Fashion/Softlines, Pets, Hardware, Card and Party, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral.
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren’t able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team member who can.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Bay City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A