Note this role may be based in the greater Lansing, Flint/Saginaw, or Kalamazoo areas. It will not need to cover all 3 of those markets and market coverage may be based on where candidate is located. This position is a business partner with store and market leadership to ensure that the assigned stores sustain an environment where each team member can maximize their individual and team performance. Leads and implements proactive, effective and consistent delivery of Human Resource solutions, programs and services for two to three assigned markets. Under the supervision of the Regional HR Director applies the equitable application of organizational policies and procedures and ensures Meijer’s continued reputation as an employer of choice. Works collaboratively with store, market and regional leadership, regional recruiter, regional HR team and corporate partners to ensure that top talent is sourced, acquired, developed and retained at every level in the store. This includes active partnership and collaboration to build strong store teams, identify gaps and present solutions, implementation and assessment of human resource activity. Additionally, the role investigates team member concerns and seeks to resolve employee relations issues or violations while addressing root-cause issues. This role also manages grievances and the dispute resolution process, provides daily consultation to ensure the standard of just cause has been met, assists in delivery and adjustments to the electronic discipline system, and audits the store organization to ensure compliance of internal policies, state, local and federal laws.
- Investigates employee complaints or policy violations.
- Case log data entry and maintenance.
- Provides interpretation of company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and workers’ compensation.
- Manages grievance/dispute resolution process.
- Provides consultation, direction and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective actions, terminations and EEOC matters affecting employment.
- Conducts needs assessments, training, the facilitation of small and large groups in meetings and workshops, and partners in the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Trains leadership on best practices regarding employee and labor relations.
- Proactively identify issues and solutions to implement and support complex region/market projects and initiatives.
- Identify, monitor and assess need for team member and leadership development.
- Provides language interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems applications.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- Previous case management experience (to include corrective action processes, termination, conflict mediation, etc.)
- Bachelor degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saginaw, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A