The Strategic Sourcing Manager role is responsible for managing sourcing activities and supplier relationships within specific assigned indirect spend categories. This is a highly strategic and visible role, that will work with cross-functional business partners to take advantage of synergies at larger scales where possible and maximize value by reducing overall costs while improving the quality and overall supply requirements of goods and services purchased in the category. This role must be able to influence and form strong partnerships with other leaders, while focusing on best practices, the creation and attainment of operational excellence, and managing multiple priorities. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will conduct and oversee the end to end Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Continue learning new category knowledge to prioritize and adapt in a constantly changing retail environment. Serve as a thought leader aligning Meijer’s sourcing objectives and strategies with overall business objectives.
- Cultivate leadership skills and create an environment of continual improvement both in and outside of the team. Provide leadership and direction to Strategic Sourcing Specialists and/or Analysts.
- Accountable for the realization of strategic and financial value.
- Work with cross functional teams to provide advice on the development and direction of category sourcing plans that will have a positive impact on budgets and P&Ls.
- Drive continuous improvement in spend management processes and implement tactics to drive compliance across the organization.
- Lead strategic/critical thinking and supplier management in assigned indirect spend categories. Accountable for leading the development and execution of multi-year category strategies.
- Continually develop strong relationships with internal business partners across the company and stay connected to their individual business strategies and needs.
- Develop, execute RFX’s and manage supplier contracts and agreements.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies in Agile Retail Environment.
- Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to stakeholders. Leverage expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve business processes.
- Retail or Consumer facing industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex pricing proposals and formulate a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated category expertise in the categories under management.
- Professional, ethical personal conduct and demeanor.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix structure or lead teams across reporting lines
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills in partnering effectively across business to meet objectives and savings goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a sourcing environment with a successful track record of developing and executing supplier or customer strategies and programs to achieve savings goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or related, MBA desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A