This position is in the Boston, MA Seaport District; as Software Project Manager – Offshore Liaison you will focus on managing a team of off-shore software engineers at the Medtronic Engineering and Innovation Center (MEIC), ensuring they are aligned with the on-shore team in Boston to keep both teams performing at a high level.
- Live in Boston, but travel to Hyderabad as needed.
- Dig into technical challenges to help both teams succeed.
- Implement policies, meetings and plans to keep the times aligned and unblocked.
- Work closely with the off-shore team to understand their skills, needs, and challenges
- Build an understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented in both software development organizations.
- Work closely with the on-shore team to understand the software development goals and milestones
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience leading small software development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with or at MEIC.
- Experience working with geographically distributed software teams.
- General understanding of software technology for logging, networking, controls, and user interfaces.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- General understanding of COTS/SOUP implications when using off the shelf operating systems, middleware, and networking protocols.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A