The Opportunity Mattel is seeking a Development Program Management Associate I to join our product development team at our campus in El Segundo. You will help manage projects from concept through production, in collaboration with a worldwide, cross-functional team consisting of representatives from Design, Development, Marketing, Manufacturing and others throughout the product design and development process.
- Ability to influence the account by selling-in key programs
- Responsible for the retail development budget of the account and ensuring that the revenue goals are being achieved
- Works comfortably with licensees and specific category experience in Hard lines, Soft lines and/or Publishing.
- Strategic leader for Mattel Consumer Products (Hard lines, Soft lines and Publishing) at top retail accounts.
- Primary partners are Franchise team, Mattel sales organization, creative team, and category leads in licensing.
- Responsible for building and driving Multi-Category Program Development – from ideation and strategy to executional tactics, to achieve/support organizational objectives for market share, volume, revenue, operating income and brand awareness.
- Proven presentations skills with executive presence and leadership; ability to drive appropriate influence and results with key stakeholders
- Cultivates and fosters strong working relationships with retailer buyers, marketing managers, and key agencies/suppliers to ensure execution of Mattel CP programs.
- Manages complex, integrated marketing programs that cross multiple business segments, franchises and multiple marketing vehicles (in-store, online, social, PR)
- Applies financial acumen and analytical skills to build a successful strategy
- Fluency with Power point is a must
- Proven presentations skills with executive presence and leadership; ability to drive appropriate influence and results with key stakeholders; exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience within the consumer brand/CPG space highly preferred
- 5+ years of Retail Development experience and industry knowledge
- 3+ years of experience either at Mattel or specifically with top (mass) retail accounts
- Cross category programs and experience highly preferred
- Experienced decision maker and manager of retail development program planning and operations is required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Segundo, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A