Website Frito Lay
This is a full-time experienced Maintenance Mechanic position that is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, control valves, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps. Maintenance Mechanics are also responsible for troubleshooting and repairing AC/DC electrical systems, reading schematics, and using electrical testing equipment (Volt-Ohm meter, amp meter, oscilloscope). Our experienced Maintenance Mechanics have extensive understanding of Programmable Logic Controls and contribute a unique skillset through the use of preventative maintenance systems and work order tracking. Maintenance Mechanics have the skill and flexibility to work on any equipment within the facility and to operate lathes, mills, arc and HeliarcÂ® welders for repair, and fabrication.
- Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
- We set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement saving benefits including a 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
- Work will vary from day to day depending on need and your hours will vary by assigned location. It also gets loud and the Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are large.
- While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our warehouses is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
- If so, you are likely well-equipped to join the team. We have a robust training program that can benefit you provided that you have a proven base knowledge of mechanical maintenance repair (especially with regard to electrical repair multi-craft repairs). Although its not required, many managers prefer that candidates have at least two years training experience in mechanical/electrical repair in a manufacturing environment.
- You are at least 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
Qualification & Experience:
- Responding to maintenance calls is part of your job, and this can sometimes mean helping complete a repair that has already been started
- You will work urgently to get the equipment back up and running
- You will inspect machines, develop repair lists and identify short-term and long-term repairs so that machines run correctly
- You will ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability
- You will be troubleshooting issues on a wide variety of equipment
- You will conduct repair failures of production and facilities equipment
- You will work from task lists when diagnosing machines and taking corrective actions
- You will use your extensive knowledge to assist entry-level mechanics with difficult repairs
- You are willing to work under pressure to fix equipment
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Williamsport, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A