Website Georgia Pacific
Georgia-Pacific Gypsum, LLC is seeking to fill an Electrician position at our Acme facility near Quanah, Texas. This position adds value by identifying and correcting equipment electrical issues within the facility before they cause a process shutdown or equipment breakdown.
The successful candidate will be willing and able to perform routine preventative maintenance and emergency or scheduled repairs on plant equipment, machinery, or systems that contribute to mining and converting gypsum into a variety of specialty, agricultural and building products.
The Acme facility, one of the original Georgia-Pacific Gypsum locations, is recruiting individuals who will embody the vision of the company and who will partner with them in their plans for continued growth. Opportunities for advancement are available.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric/electronic equipment, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
- Performing routine and preventive maintenance on electrical equipment and machinery internal and external to the plant and Inspecting equipment for potential downtime causes.
- Installing new equipment
- Recording maintenance and repairs in a computerized system and completing reports and work orders on time in order to keep accurate records
- Collaborating with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all safety regulations and procedures including performing proper lockout/tag out procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Cleaning up all areas of responsibility in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Working in a team environment with fellow employees, supervisors and managers
- Following any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor including but not limited to, assisting mechanics or production operators as needed
- Assisting Process Controls Engineer and maintenance technicians as needed.
- Current forklift license or able to attain one within 6 months
- Electrical journeyman or equivalent trade school certification
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLCs
- Ability to install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Knowledge of single and 3 phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480V
- Ability to test electrical and electronic equipment and components
- Knowledge of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers) and how to troubleshoot them
- Ability to install, examine, replace or repair VFD’s and motor controllers
Qualification & Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of electrical repair and troubleshooting experience in a high-speed manufacturing, industrial or military environment OR two (2) years technical schooling or completion of an apprenticeship program
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Three (3) or more years of experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair/troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and electrical schematics
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Experience and knowledge of NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements regarding electrical safety
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Quanah, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A