Lowe’s Mooresville Maintenance team is responsible for primary maintenance of over two million square feet of Class A office space, warehouses, and airport hangers. In addition, Lowe’s maintains an onsite chiller plant, water purification pond, helicopter pad, in-house television station and five multi parking structures all on 250+ acres of managed property. The individual will assist with the planning, safety, coordination, and execution of various projects that fall under the core functions of Facilities Maintenance. Projects will include but are not limited to: building repairs, HVAC repairs, appliance repairs, electrical repairs and installation, plumbing repairs, and coordinating fire alarm repairs. The Lead Maintenance Technician will also be a point of contact on the fire alarm call escalation list for 24/7 coverage and on a rotational list for after hours maintenance support of the Lowe’s Companies Mooresville campus, Aviation Center in Statesville and Planogram Facility in Troutman.
- Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by general employee population following standard preventive maintenance schedules
- Must be aware of the condition of the physical property throughout the campus and immediately correct hazardous conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the campus, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.
- Performs technical, specialized and advanced maintenance work and service on day-to-day problems on the building/facilities to ensure compliance with local laws, procedures and process specifications
- Resolve emergencies 24/7 related to the Corporate Campuses as they arise, including weather related events
- Diagnoses, plans, and repairs complex equipment with minimal guidance
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Indoctrinates and assists in development of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instills a “safety first” attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff members.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to local and company standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting supervisors regarding potential concerns
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. This includes all fire alarm/sprinkler systems and associated communication ports.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, and work-in-progress, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- 4 Years of Experience in Maintenance, Construction or related area
- Must be available for on-call hours – evenings and weekends
- 10 Years of Experience in Maintenance, Construction or related area
- Experience working with Contractors
- Licensed in Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, and/or General Construction
- Must have valid drivers license
- Technical Certification in Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, and/or General Construction
- High School or GED
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A