All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Head Cashier, this means:
The Head Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the checkout process. This associate is likely the last interaction with our customer before leaving the store and needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come back to Lowe’s. Therefore, engaging with customers as well as attention to detail are extremely important in this role. As Head Cashier, he/she provides supervision, coaching, and support to the Customer Service Associate – Front End Team. Depending on the specific work shift, this associate may also help open or close the front-end of the store.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe’s retail store.
- 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
- 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
- 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
- 6 months experience using common retail technology, such as smart phones and tablets.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A