Our people are at the heart of our organisation. To enable their success and create a positive employee experience, we aim to build simple, clear and easy to use, day-to-day operational HR processes delivered with consistent levels of excellent customer service.
- Probationary review process: monitor and communicate with the relevant Local HR Representatives probation and review period-end dates. Liaising with line managers to ensure forms are completed in due time and to share outcomes with the Local HR Representatives if specific performance concerns or training needs are identified.
- Team support: working in a small HR Operations team you will share responsibilities evenly and support other members with their activities, covering for absence and workload fluctuations
- Payroll Processing: Supporting our payroll team by ensuring all changes have been processed correctly and in a timely manner via HR Database (SAP) ready for payroll deadlines.
- Database maintenance and data integrity: maintain internal filing (electronic and paper based) and key HR database systems: SAP (master data system), employee CV system (CAROL), new starter process (Red Carpet). Regularly check the data that has been inputted to ensure that there are high levels of data integrity.
- Employee Life Cycle Administration: prepare, distribute and coordinate all aspects of employee administration throughout the employee life cycle. This includes creating contracts of employment for new hires, using a system called Ironclad, changes of contract for internal moves, inputting personal details when issues with employee self-service, inputting payroll changes within the monthly cycle, ad hoc employee correspondence, long service awards, leaver letters, calculation of outstanding holiday allowances, settlement agreements and reference requests.
- Family Leave: advise employees on Family Leave policies, prepare schedules and share with line managers / Local HR Representatives, input details into payroll database, collect MAT B1 forms to pass to payroll, track dates in family leave tracker.
- Project Management: Support the HR Operations Director and HR Shared Services Team Leader with ad-hoc project and process improvement work.
- Supporting Formal HR Processes: Assist in performance capability, disciplinary, grievance, flexible working requests, sickness absence processes as and when needed providing process advice and documentation preparation.
- Leavers process: Follow the end-to-end leaver process, ensuring the system and payroll are updated in line with the leaver process.
- Benefits Advice: Supporting the reward team to advise employees of eligible benefits including Private Medical, Life Assurance and Pension schemes. Support employees to effectively use the benefits website.
- Solutions orientated, ‘can do’ mindset with the ability to work at pace, cope with ambiguity, resolve issues and improve processes.
- Strong attention to detail and a getting it right first-time mentality.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required.
- Ability to understand data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience of operational HR excellence, ideally in a shared service centre, a centre of excellence or in a generalist HR Coordinator role.
- Previous experience of using SAP, HR Resource link or other HR database preferred but not essential
- Interested in technology and new innovative ways of giving employees a better experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A