The Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the control testing of packaging components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods. Work with the UP Production management and others as necessary. Assist UP in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations using problem solving tools and through component and finished goods inspection. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers and manufacturers (internal and external) of packaging components and finished goods provide the specified quality in accordance with the accepted L’Oréal methods and standards. The QE will identify and resolve quality related problems or issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce these components, WIP, or finished goods.
- Knowledgeable of the Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods;
- Involved in the purchase and implementation of new lab equipment and their effect on quality;
- Ensure DGO/GMP compliance of UP by performing routine audits.
- Responsible for enduring testing performed by personnel is in compliance with DGO methods;
- Good knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements;
- Manages non-conformance/blocked lots of AC, PF, WIP, and Bulk;
- Know, understand, and implement L’Oréal rules;
- Responsible for writing documents related to the Laboratory functions (work instructions, forms, etc.);
- Troubleshoots non-conformance in components, bulk and finished goods proposes solutions;
- Use of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving;
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams
- Strong English verbal and written skills, French a plus
- Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Ability to perform various technical operations, automated equipment and PC skills in the department and in the plant
- Basic math and statistics
- Ability to learn statistical processes and Standard Operating Procedures
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science in Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A