As the Manager for the Analytical Hair division you will provide strategic leadership to ensure we provide the business with the highest quality data and insights needed to further the Hair business. You will be responsible for management and development of the Hair analytical team to support the attainment of corporate goals.
- Champion innovation and leads the way to take the analytical Hair program to the next level. Identify innovation opportunity areas and creates a plan on how to implement, bring those to live, and promote/communicates benefits with our business partners.
- Identify new consumer trends, technologies, and capabilities to provide unsurpassed support to our Hair partners.
- Manage the daily functional work of a team of analytical chemists; assess teams needs and review with supervisor; defines and target specific and measurable goals for the team; assign work in accordance with business priority and individual capability.
- Create an open & collaborative environment fostering team communication.
- Provides strategic leadership in support and execution of testing strategies across all brands for Hair (Hair Care, Hair Color, and Styling).
- Represents the voice of the analytical department when engaged in product development activities. Collaborate closely with our brand partners in support of product development, to drive company strategy and initiatives to completion.
- Be a positive role model for the team and provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Plan, supervise, and assist analytical chemists in conducting analyses of new and existing products/materials.
- Manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop individual team members. Track’s individuals career development and progress toward goals, continuously thriving to raise the skills of the staff members.
- Familiarity with testing methodology and procedures and how these can be creatively utilized to develop tangible results to support our business partner’s needs.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to gather consensus and alignment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to act decisively and effectively deal with change
- Strong problem-solving skills ranging from conceptualization to implementation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in managing interactions with brand, safety, and regulatory functions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high intensity environment.
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization. Highly effective organizational planning skills and project management of multiple initiatives is required.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry with a focus on Analytical Chemistry is required.
- 6+ years of experience as an analytical lab manager/team leader role in the cosmetics/personal care industry is required. Hair product development, claims support, and knowledge around Hair analytical testing methodologies are a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Clark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A