As a Station Support Assistant you’ll be based on our gate lines, ensuring that they are operated safely, checking tickets and providing a warm welcome and fond farewell to customers passing through the station. You’ll also be involved in helping to ensure the safety and security of customers, colleagues and the overall station environment. Nothing will be too much trouble for you as you provide our customers with whatever assistance they need, whether this is helping with luggage, dealing with complaints or answering questions about timetables. You’ll provide a consistent and high-quality customer experience for our customers in a front line role as they enter and leave the station. contributing to the safe, punctual and efficient departure of train services.
This is a safety critical role therefore you will be responsible for ensuring all work is undertaken in a safe manner, reporting any unsafe acts or defects to the appropriate person or department.
- Have first class interpersonal skills
- Be passionate about providing amazing customer service
- Be safety conscious – able to spot and anticipate risk
- Be proactive, having a genuine desire to delight customers
- Love the buzz of a busy environment, being able to keep your cool under pressure
- Have a professional approach to your work
- As part of the interview process, you’d need to pass some industry standard psychometric testing and a safety critical medical.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Newcastle, GB
Application Deadline: N/A