By joining LNER as a Customer Experience Host you could be serving early morning coffees to our business commuters, handing out sweet treats for families on day trips or even be found rustling up bacon sandwiches for football fans travelling to support their teams. No matter the journey, you’ll be on hand to provide an exceptional and personalised experience. You’ll have the opportunity to bring a smile to our customers’ faces through creating a welcoming on board atmosphere, assisting with luggage, as well as ensuring our customers leave with a positive memory of their journey with us.
For our customers travelling in standard class you’ll offer a service from either the cafe bar or refreshment trolley, taking responsibility for both cash and stock management. Within first class you’ll serve customers our complimentary food and beverage offering, delivered to the highest of standards. As a Customer Experience Host you’ll also develop a good understanding of health and safety and be trained to ensure a safe, clean and tidy environment onboard our trains at all times.
- Due to the sale of alcohol, you will need to be aged 18 or over to apply
- Finally, you’ll need to be flexible – our Customer Experience Hosts are on hand to assist our customers early in the morning, late in the evening and over weekends, so you’ll need to be able to fully commit to working shifts.
- Plenty of customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills
- A good track record of providing customers with a personalised and memorable service as well as a genuine passion for helping customers
- The ability to communicate effectively through the toughest of situations and relish stepping up to the challenge of disruption
- You’ll have proven soft sales skills and experience of product management – you’ll enjoy developing your knowledge around our on board offering to share with both customers and colleagues
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, GB
Application Deadline: N/A