- Active Directory underpins both the existing Bank Infrastructure as well as being a key enabler of our future direction being an integral part of our Identity Strategy. A role within Directory Services gives an opportunity to work in this critical environment supporting this key infrastructure providing Authentication and Authorisation services to our colleagues and applications.
- As a Directory Services Technician you will be working hands-on undertaking a variety of tasks ranging from break/fix incident support, problem root cause resolution, handling maintenance tasks and delivery of change.
- You’ll be required to work as part of a team, working with other Technicians and Principal Leads to deliver key initiatives whilst having your own individual deliverables to drive towards completion.
- You’ll need to ensure our environment remains secure and compliant to Bank and Regulators policies and Standards, and as such will work in a controlled environment ensuring access to our critical infrastructure is managed in a controlled manner.
- You’ll use your strong knowledge and expertise in a variety of methodologies and toolsets to assist with implementing, developing and supporting integrated customer-centric LBG systems and services; ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the quality standards that our customers expect, through adherence to departmental SLAs and KPIs.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and understanding as well as develop, practice and demonstrate the workplace skills and behaviours required for this job role.
- You’ll also be expected to build close working relationships with partners and supporting teams.
- This role accepts 24*7 responsibility for service availability, currency and performance.
- Active Directory Domain Services, including knowledge of Active Directory Structure, Group Policy and Authentication methods
- Azure Active Directory and supporting tools such as Azure Active Directory Connect
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Foundational level of understanding of Azure Active Directory Hybrid Identity
- Name Resolution via DNS and WINS
- Active Directory Lightweight Services (AD-LDS )
- Knowledge of other Active Directory / Identity tools such as FIM, Quest Change Auditor and Active Roles would be an advantage
- Foundation level of understanding of scripting in Batch, Visual basic script and PowerShell
- Foundation level understanding of Agile and Systems thinking would be beneficial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A