As the Lead Private Cloud Engineer, you’ll lead a team of engineers, accountable for ensuring that Private Cloud products are designed, curated, and delivered to bank standards, policies, and requirements, working with third party suppliers.
- Leading and developing a highly motivated team, undertaking line management, coaching, and performance management
- Providing support, knowledge and mentoring to the team, including helping colleagues to use the best engineering practices, tooling and methods
- Ensuring your areas of responsibility is aligned with overall engineering strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve
- Maturing, Modernising, Transforming and Promoting our offerings as part of the DNA of the role, implementing ‘Get to Green’ plans where offerings are sub-optimal
- Leading squads of engineers and supporting resources to develop, curate, and deliver new technology, products and services in line with business requirements
- Ensuring the delivery portfolio aligns and meets the bank’s Service Introduction process and Cloud control frameworks
- Maintaining a holistic view over the platforms, leading technical discussions and the resolution of complex issues, taking a broad perspective to determine solutions and providing functional & technical guidance
- Experience in cloud based delivery and/or migrations, as well as delivery of new technical infrastructure and application migrations.
- Solid understanding of VMWare and automation technologies.
- Good understanding of Networks / Firewall / NPS
- Passionate about engineering standard methodologies such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Leading and shaping new initiatives and driving these forward in a requirement led way
- Validated experience of leading and being responsible for the build and run of IT solutions within an organisation
- Confirmed experience of engineering platforms for large organisations using automation tools and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of developing and running Traditional & Cloud Infrastructures, including O/S, middleware, databases, containers
- Project leadership skills – traditional and/or agile
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A